***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

April 10, 2007

Blog Candy WINNER and a card

I loved all of the comments and suggestions. What a fun way to get ideas. The hubby and I aren't really any closer to choosing, but I will let you know when we do. I wish it was decided yesterday, I hate waiting, but we'll see what happens.

As for the contest, the winner of the blog candy as picked by random.org is lucky commenter #6, who was Nancy. My e-mail is mcclellans@stx.rr.com and if you will get me your address Nancy, your stuff will be on it's way ASAP. Congrats and here's what she said in her comment:

Nancy said...

Hmmm, a good name... I can tell you one I wouldn't use (again tee hee). Our youngest is Matthew. Love the name. But let me tell you, every Matthew I have come across since we had our Matthew has been a big monkey! Use this name with caution!!

This is a card that I made for a swap that I'm in. I hope that the ladies like it. We did a technique swap, and I chose to do stamping with bleach. Both the paisleys on the card, and the background pattern on the Chocolate Chip CS were stamped with bleach. I simply turned a piece of folded up paper towel into an ink pad by pouring a little bleach on it. The red is SU!'s Ruby Red, and the flower and "joy" are stamped on Very Vanilla CS 'cause it matched the bleached out colors better than Whisper White. I used my new spiral punch along the edges, my markers to color the flower and stamp it, my stamp-a-ma-jig to position the outline stamp for the flower petals, and also to position the word "joy" from one of the sentiment stamps in this Spring Mini stamp set Polka Dots & Paisleys. The Chocolate Chip CS behind the flower image has its edges distressed with the SU! distressing tool - I love that little gizmo!! The ribbon is also Vanilla and that's really about all there is to the card. I hope they like it and I would love to hear what you think. Thanks, and take care!!

3 comments:

  1. Love that card! You make using bleach look so nice. Good Luck picking a name. On our third it took us for ever to get a name. And then it took us till the day before I was induced to settle on a middle name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Want to send an extra to AZ? It's nice and warm here and I'd make the card feel right at home. ;-)Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this card is beautiful! I love the bleach technique but I haven't tried it. You did such a wonderful job that I HAVE to try it now, TFS.CONGRATULATIONS, NANCY

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)