***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

April 21, 2007

Emma's Birthday

Four years ago today I gave birth to my little baby girl, Emma. I can't believe she's already FOUR!!! The time sure does fly by and I'm sure that when she's a teenager I will think that it was just yesterday that she turned four. We can't take any of these days we are blessed with together for granted. You never know what may happen and I think that if we can just remember that we can all be better people. So, happy birthday Emma!!!

She probably wouldn't consider it a present, but the girls new furniture (beds) arrived today so I got to finish their room. Of course, Peter helped tons too, but you know how us moms are with all of the details. I've got more ideas of ways to add cute/fun things in, but will do them slowly instead of all right now. The beds were a pretty big purchase!!!

Here are 3 views of the girls room. The first shows both beds - Sarah's on the left and Emma's on the right. Their bed sheets are reversible and of course each of them wanted a different side showing. It will give you a bit of insight into their personalities. Emma is a princess through and through, and Sarah is my tomboy (not that these sheets are boyish at all!) and loves blue, so teal had to do in this case :) We have 3 purple walls and one teal one. The valance I made from the bottom of one of the twin bed skirts since they're not needed for these beds. In the doorway is a beaded curtain that's in progress. We bought it at Target and the picture showed it all full of beads, but it only came with TWELVE strands of beads. So, we found another here in Del Rio (Target's 3 hours away) and I took it apart and added it in and we still need one more that I'll get next week. We added purple the 2nd time, so I think this next one will be pink beads. They each have a butterfly over their bed - Emma's is pink and Sarah's is teal. I've still got to make Sarah a name frame, but Emma's is over her bed (not too visible) and they each have a little framed picture of Christ that I got at a Deseret Book store a long time ago sitting on their headboards. They each lined up their "babies" on the shelf on their headboard - Sarah put her "aminals", as Sarah calls them, on hers, and Emma's really are (mostly) babies.

I sure hope they like their new shared room, and more importantly I hope they SLEEP in it!!! :)



7 comments:

  1. very nice rooms I am sure the gorls will love them. Just be careful of so much painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our babies share the same birthday except my baby just turned 25 yesterday. Man, I'm getting old. Nice bedroom these girls have. You are a loving mom and it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!! I can't wait to stay somewhere long enough to do something cute like this! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I tried moving my 2 boys into the same room and it was IMPOSSIBLE to get them to sleep because they kept each other awake. Of course, that could come from naturally...I remember me and my brother sharing a room and we'd have contests to see who could stay up the latest...sometimes staying up all night and going for early morning walks (we were probably 6 and 8 at the time).Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME job!!! If the girls won't sleep in it I will, LOL. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the room! Oh, to have a girly room (I have three boys). You did a great job on it. I love the giraffe picture. It is one of my favorite photos, it is hanging in my nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The girls room is too cute. Oh to have had a girl! I'll bet the girls love it!Cherie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)