***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

April 11, 2007

Butterfly Kisses....I'm in Love

I am having lots of fun playing with my newest Papertrey Ink stamp set, Butterfly Kisses (for more info see Papertrey link on right-side of screen). I got a little stamping time yesterday, and after making a bunch of Thank You cards with the set for a friend's baby shower this Friday (I'll post them on Saturday so I won't spoil her surprise) I made three more cards. I was on a single-layer kick, and over the next three days you'll see the evolution of my idea. By no means are these cards spectacular, but I had fun changing things slightly from one card to the next. Here's the first one:

I started with a simple Whisper White CS base. I used my Giga Scalloped Circle punch to create a mask for some reverse masking. This was a challenge on SCS this week (TLC111), to do reverse masking. I sponged my Certainly Celery ink inside the mask, and then I stamped my solid butterfly in Old Olive followed by the paisley butterfly in Garden Green. That was simple, wasn't it? For the sentiment, I used my other Papertrey Ink set, Paper Tray, to stamp "With Love", and then I added a flower from the Butterfly Kisses set and put a little Old Olive brad in the middle of it. I can't wait for my next Papertrey set to arrive - the Green Thumb set is to die for - but it's on backorder because it's so awesome!! Anyway, I hope you like it - let me know what you think! Tomorrow you'll get to see what I changed to make my 2nd card. Take care.

1 comment:

  1. This card is superb! I especially like the way you overstamped the words. The colors are great too, I LOVE green, TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)