***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

April 7, 2007

Card and Blog Candy Update

I'm having so much fun reading all of your suggestions for our baby's name!! I thought that Lynda's comment about calling him Robert Peter was funny because his initials would be RPM :) Some of you have said you don't know my last name, it's McClellan. I noticed that a lot of you like Ryan, and I've been thinking about Brian myself - kind of the same sound to it. I also like Daniel, and a few of you have suggested that too. Well, keep 'em coming, and make sure to post them with THIS post so that you're entered into the blog candy drawing!!!

I made this card for a friend's baby shower. I gave her 12 of them. I used my Tiny Bubbles (is that the name?) A2 embossing folder by Cuttle Bug with my Big Shot to emboss that Barely Banana CS. I used glossy white CS to make the strip of paper that's behind the Apricot Appeal "Thank you" strip. On the glossy white, I stamped with my black StazOn and used my Doodle This stamp set from the Spring Mini, and then used some white crayon to add the crayon resist look. Next, I sponged my three colors (Apricot Appeal, Barely Banana, and Cool Caribbean) on the glossy CS and then cut the 8 1/2 x 11 paper into small pieces for each card. The card isn't girly looking, and she's having a girl, but I thought that they were still really cute. Oh, and the Thank you is stamped using my Papertrey Ink stamp sets Paper Tray and Butterfly Kisses (the small flower image) and the flower in the center of the card is created much the same way as the glossy strips I just described only I didn't sponge all over them. I just wanted to highlight the flower. Lastly, I tied some organdy polka-dot ribbon from Wal-Mart on the left. In hind-sight, I think I would have liked to have added Apricot to the white circles and places where I used crayon in the center flower image instead of leaving it white. It might have tied in all three colors better since on the strips I made I don't think that the Apricot stands out so much - at least not in a picture. Enjoy!!!

10 comments:

  1. Jennifer NellenbackApr 7, 2007, 2:48:00 PM

    I love this card! It is very cute. Good luck on picking your baby name. See you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, and Ilove the colors. Thank you so much for the description. I bought SU'S glossy cardstock about two years ago and haven't used it for this technique, thanks for reminding me and giving me such a great example. I'm certain the recipient well be ecstatic over them. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work!!Have a nice day!Bety :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. I have not tried this with glossy cs yet. I will have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice card and thoughtful gift. I especially like the ribbon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card, and it s my favorite set right now. Best wishes on the name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the sponged glossy strip in the background for this ard. Very pretty colors too

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card! I am so gonna CASE this one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty is this! I love the colors and that Cuttlebug background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)