***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

April 12, 2007

Butterfly Kisses Again....

As promised, here is the next card I made with my Butterfly Kisses stamp set. I decided that I didn't like the masking around the butterfly so much - it made the image seem heavy and I wanted it to have a more light and delicate look. Plus, there was no sparkle to the butterfly and that had to be changed! I did like the somewhat unusual color choice for my butterfly with the greens, so, here's what I came up with. I did change the patterned butterfly image's color to a lighter green than the Garden Green I used before. This time I used Old Olive. I also added some little dots to look like the butterfly was in flight with my Old Olive marker. You'll notice (hopefully) that each circle on the butterfly has some Stickles added to it for a little sparkle. I have the hardest time getting the Stickles to show in photos! Also, one other small detail I changed was that I added the flower with the sentiment to both sides instead of just at the end of it. I stamped the sentiment in Certainly Celery and added Old Olive brads to the flowers. I hope you like it. Take care!

5 comments:

  1. Oh that is adorable and simple! I like the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like it, Marie, a lot!!I agree with your changes but I don't think I would realize all the things you pointed out. I love both of them, yesterday's card is just different, to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I like it alright! I feel that yesterday's card is just different from today's. I love them both. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love the simplicity as well as that lovely green. I just ordered this set and can't wait to play! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)