***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

January 23, 2007

Swell News


This is another card that I made using the Swell News stamp set. My friend just found out she is expecting, so I wanted to give her a card. Obviously, I've still got practice to do with watercoloring, but hopefully someday soon I'll be a pro at it! I again used watercolor paper for the base of the stamped image. I also did some piercing along the Old Olive strip, and I got this color combo off of the demonstrator website where they've given us some color combo ideas for the 2007 In Colors (Cool Caribbean, Marigold Morning, Buckaroo Blue, Cranberry Crisp, True Thyme and Vintage Violet). I just LOVE these colors, especially the Cool Caribbean. I'm going to be very sad when they're retired (even though we'll get new ones!) in July '08 and I can't use the Cool Caribbean in workshops, classes and camps anymore. Oh well, I'll enjoy them while I can! The ribbon I used I found on clearance at Michaels and the picture doesn't really do it justice. It's VERY close in color to the Cool Caribbean, with some sparkle. It's pretty! In addition to the stamped image and the "You Grow Girl" and "Happy Waiting", I used VersaMark on the portion of the card below the Old Olive strip and stamped the little saftety pins all over to create a background on that portion. They're very hard to see. I hope she likes the card!

1 comment:

  1. This is a nice, clean and pretty composition! Love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)