***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

January 17, 2007

As Promised!

Like I told you I would, here is a card that I made today. I LOVE the color combo of Cool Caribbean, Basic Black and Whisper White. This new Big Blossom stamp is one of the Sell-A-Bration sets that you can earn for free. I love it! It works great on cards, scrapbook pages, t-shirts, walls and more!


To make this card, first I kissed the Big Blossom stamp to my Paisley BG stamp which was brayered with Cool Caribbean. Next, I simply stamped the Big Blossom onto my piece of Whisper White CS. Next I inked up the word "happy" from the Happy Everything set, which I LOVE! I stamped it in Basic Black on the card, followed by the word "Birthday," also from the Happy Everything set. After that I tied my two colors of ribbon on. One is the black and white polka dotted ribbon found at Wal-Mart, the other is an iridescen thicker organdy-type ribbon that is Cool Caribbean in color that I found on clearance at Michaels a while back. You can't really see the color of it in this picture, and it's so pretty in real life! After tying the ribbons, I layered and glued my Basic Black CS to my Whisper White CS. After doing that, I used my piercing tool and grid from my SU! Tool Kit to pierce evenly spaced holes for my black brads. I put them through the two layers and gently hammered them with the black cushion pad from the Tool Kit on top of them to protect them. My reason for doing this was to get them as flat as possible so that the layers wouldn't buckle when I adhered them to my Cool Caribbean. Sometimes brads make you get little bumps around them because they have some dimension. The last thing I did was adhere the layers to my base card which as you can see is Cool Caribbean. I hope you enjoy it!

Finally, I am ordering some blank coasters that I have to buy by the THOUSAND. Since that is far more than I need, I am offering them to you at the same price that you can get them from SCS. I figured this way I can get some of them off of my hands, and perhaps offer you another avenue for purchasing them (than by the 1000's). You can make boxes out of them, as seen in this tutorial on SCS. You can make mini albums, calendars, picture frames, and all other kinds of things. E-mail me (see my "profile" for my address on the top right of your screen) to let me know how many you want. I will ship to anyone in the Continental US for free, here are the prices:

50 = $5.55
100 = $9.05
200 = $14.10
300 = $17.10

This is a great deal and you can make so many things with them! I can't wait to get them. I will place the order once I have everyone's money. I can take checks, money orders, or credit/debit cards (there is an additional small fee for credit/debit cards)

REFER A FRIEND and get 10 extra coasters if they purchase some too!! Make sure to tell them to tell me that "you" sent them.

Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. Jennifer NellenbackJan 17, 2007, 9:44:00 AM

    Love the card. The colors are great. The snowman pictures are so adorable. Caleb played in the snow, fell and got mad because he doesn't like to get dirty. Other than that he had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I really enjoy coming to your blog every couple of days.Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards! I'm enjoying reading your blog. I'm interested in buying some of your coaster is they are still available. I'd like 200 square coasters. I live in NW Indiana. Let me know how much and I'll send a check right away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie,I love this card! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)