***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

January 15, 2007

It Arrived!

Yippee!! My box with my SU! goodies arrived today, but I got hardly any time to play with my new stuff. I did make one card for a friend that recently revealed that they are expecting their first baby. I used the Simply Scrappin' kit paper from the Sell-A-Bration mini catalog, called Just Delightful. I wish my layout showcased the striped strip a little better, that's my favorite patterned paper in the kit. Oh well, I still think it's a cute card. I used the Swell News stamp set inked in Black StazOn on watercolor paper for the main image and also inked in Black Stazon for the phrase on the Bashful Blue CS. I then used my aqua painter to watercolor the image. I'm still learning how to watercolor well. If I were rich, I'd get the Prisma Color pencils and some gamsol and a "blending stub" (or whatever it is that they're called) and color my images that way. I LOVE how they look when they're colored like that, but oh well, some day. For now, I'll use my Watercolor Wonder Crayons and my Aqua Painter. The ribbon is some that I got at Wal-Mart in just about every color it came in because I really like it. I hope you enjoy the card!


These next few pictures are of our girls at a local 4-H stock show that we went to. Showing that day were sheep, goats and pigs. The girls loved seeing all of the animals and watching all of the kids running around and showing their animals reminded me of my own 4-H days when I showed my horse. The people were all really friendly, and this one nice gentleman offered to let Emma and Sarah "show" his goat in the Future 4-H'ers competition. It was for children under 9, and basically they just stood with a handler and their goat. The girls had a blast, got a blue ribbon (everyone did), and a dollar from the judges for their "efforts". My parents love seeing pics of my girls, so you'll have to bear with the occasional cute kids posts :) I feel awful, becaue I was so excited for the girls to "show" their goat (I know, silly Mommy!) that I didn't even catch the kind man's name - if he gave it. Oh well, next time I'll have better manners. Take care!


I'm not sure if the gentleman was showing his goat, or my girls? :)


Here you can see that Emma and Sarah are clearly comfortable around strange goats.


Here are the girls holding up their very first ribbons.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)