***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

January 18, 2007

More Big Blossoms!

Here are two more cards that I made with the Sell-A-Bration (SAB) set Big Blossom. I really like this stamp. It's fun to play around with and try to make it look different on each card.


For this first card, I kissed the Big Blossom stamp to my Aida Cloth BG stamp which was brayered in Cameo Coral ink. I then stamped it on my Whisper White CS and next colored the sentiment stamp from the Delight in Life SAB set. I used my Basic Black, Certainly Celery and Cameo Coral markers to do this. I dyed some white grosgrain Cameo Coral by placing it on my Cameo Coral ink pad and coloring it with my Cameo Coral marker. That way both sides get inked at once. It's easy, and pretty quick. You usually have to flip the ribbon over and touch up the other side. I then used my embossing heat tool to dry the colored ribbon. After the ribbon was dry, I tied it on my card with the black and white polka dotted ribbon. The next step was to adhere the whisper white layer to the basic black layer of CS. I did this and then used my handy piercing tool and piercing guide from my SU! tool kit to get even spacing for my brads. Once again, I covered my brads with my black foam pad from the tool kit and hammered the brads to get them nice and flat. Then, I put my layers onto my cameo coral card and ta-dah! The card was done!


For this next card, I finally got around to this week's Color Challenge on SCS. It is CC97 and it was inspired by the Winter Mini Catalog Designer Series paper called Enchanté. I love these colors - plums, cocoa and a hint of green (in the paper it's certainly celery or sage shadow I think). So, this was the card I ended up making. It was a 2-step kissing Big Blossom. First, I brayered the Big Blossom in Pale Plum. Next, I brayered my Weathered BG stamp in Perfect Plum. I then kissed the two together and got a wonderful 2-toned plum Big Blossom. This is what I then stamped on my Very Vanilla CS. After that, I used my markers to color the sentiment from the Delight in Life SAB set with Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Close to Cocoa and Certainly Celery. I stamped that on my Very Vanilla, tied my brown and white polka dotted ribbon on, and adhered my Very Vanilla to my Close to Cocoa layer of CS. Next, just as I did in the card above, I pierced holes for my Vintage brads and placed them on the card and hammered them flat. I then placed my layers onto my Pale Plum card and that card was finished too! I hope you enjoy them both!

*******I am still accepting orders for the blank coasters. Please see yesterday's entry in the "As Promised" post.*******

2 comments:

  1. Marie,I love these cards! I have got to say that I have not liked this flower much. After seeing how you have used it, I may need it! Hee Hee!Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I really like the first one given its simplicity and color scheme.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)