***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

January 29, 2007

SCS Sketch Challenge #28

Well, as promised I tried my hand at one of the SCS Sketch Challenges, and the first one I chose was SC28.

This picture is the basic sketch layout. I'm sorry the image is a little small - I have no idea how to save it a bigger size and not have it become too fuzzy or even not upload at all. It you click on the picture, it does enlarge it. I hope that you like this card sketch, and that you take it as a challenge for yourself when you next have time to sit down and stamp.

This first picture is how I started with my SC28 card. I wanted to use the polished stone technique as the majority if my cardfront. To get the flowers to be lighter, I first brayered creamy caramel onto my glossy white card stock (a requirement for polished stone). Then, I embossed the flower images (from the Sell-A-Bration stamp set Delight in Life) with versamark and clear embossing powder. After that, I used a cottonball, reinkers, and rubbing alcohol to create the chocolate chip, creamy caramel and gold polished stone paper you're looking at. If you've never made polished stone paper before, it's SO FUN!! Here's the tutorial on SCS that I used to learn how to do it myself.

This image is what I did with my piece of polished stone card stock. I wish that I had some of SU!'s gold paper - I would have used that for the flower and stamped sentiment (from the Sell-A-Bration stamp set Delight in Life) on the left-hand side of the card, but I didn't, and I learned the hard way that you can't really just "make" it by brayering card stock with gold pigment ink :)

I hope that you enjoy this challenge, and I would love for you to post a link (in your comments) to the card you come up with either on your own blog, or at SCS or somewhere else. Thanks and happy stampin'!

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer NellenbackJan 29, 2007, 10:42:00 AM

    Love the card. I would have never thought to use those colors together. Hope you are feeling better. Oh by the way, how many people are in the swap? I made four cards so far and I wasn't sure how many more I needed to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job...you have got me motivated to try this SC too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! A very unique card. It is striking and actually looks like marble or polished stone. I need to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)