***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

January 12, 2007

Have you ever...

Slept through your alarm? Well, prior to today, in my whole life I had NEVER done this. I guess, I've never set it when I'm on drugs that make me sleepy though, either. You know, you get a medication (mine is for the awful morning sickness and nausea that I've been experiencing) that says it may cause drowsiness so don't operate heavy machinery until you know how it will affect you - that type. Well, those kinds haven't ever actually made me sleepy - until now. Here's the kicker: I was supposed to pick up a friend's child at the bus stop at 3:15 this afternoon and when she called I was dozing off so I told her that I was probably going to sleep while my girls were napping, but that I would set my alarm and it would be fine for me to go get him. At 2:45 I woke up, saw the clock and thought, "great, 15 more minutes!" Then I woke up again at 2:50 and said to myself, "I still have 10 minutes left, yeah!" Well, I heard the girls stirring (my mom ears still worked, I guess) and I looked the clock and to my horror it was 3:34!!! Mind you, we live on a base, so it's really safe here, so don't turn me in to CPS for what I say next! :) I flew out of bed, told the girls, "STAY HERE, I'll be right back!!" almost went out the door barefoot (it was drizzling outside) and thought better of it and put on my flip flops, and RAN down the street. I haven't worked out or exercised in months, since the doctor told me to stop after I got pregnant and we had a little scare, but my adrenaline was pumping. My neighbor said hi and looked at me funny as I ran down the street, and all I could think was, "what in the world do I do?" I didn't have a note from his mom, so if I had missed him, I wasn't sure the school would release him to me, and I wasn't even exactly sure where his school was! So, I thought, maybe the friend of both his mother and I that usually picked him up when she couldn't was still at home. It was a reach, because they were supposed to go out of town today at noon. Well, as I run down the street with no bus in sight, no sounds of kids, I run to our friend's house and see her van in her carport and think that they have to be there, they have several kids and to go out of town they would have had to have taken their van. I ran to the door and knocked, and then when she opened it all I could say was, "Please tell me you have Matt here?" Well, SHE DID!!!! She was used to picking him up when his mom couldn't make it, so since her husband hadn't gotten home yet for them to go out of town, she took him. I think her husband must have been late because "somebody" knew that I was going to miss picking the boy up. I am just so grateful that she got him, and he was fine. I know he would have been safe, if he'd been taken back to the school, but there's nothing like being responsible for someone else's child and messing up, no matter how little (but especially big - like ABANDONING THEM like I did!). So, moral to the story, no one can be perfect, I DO sleep through alarms even though I never had, so SET TWO ALARMS!!!!

I was asleep this afternoon (as you have read) and had story time this morning with the girls at the base library, so I don't have anything to show you that I made today. I hope to get something done tomorrow and all of my Sell-a-Bration stuff gets here on MONDAY!!!! So, here's something more interesting than my story from today:

When I was growing up, I was lucky enough to get a Baskin Robbins cake for almost every birthday from the time I was about 9 until I was about 14. It was my favorite kind of cake and is definitely one of my favorite ice creams. I say this, because here's another one of those silly blog quizzes on what flavor of ice cream you are:

You Are Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

Creative. Expressive. Unique.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)