***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

January 4, 2007

Big Clip Bookmarks

I saw these on SCS as made by SCS'er "iris". Here is the link to hers in her gallery on SCS. I had to make do with what I had at home. I recently got these "big" clips at Wal-Mart (they are good for something after all!) and they were less than a dollar for a whole box. They're in the office supply isle. I only had SU!'s On Board Accents chipboard, and it's rather thick, so the eyelets and brads would only go through one side of the chipboard. You can't see it, but the backs are basically the same circle pieces with DS paper adhered to them, but no other embellishment. The only exception is on the "dog tag" shaped piece, I put an eyelet in the back piece too. As for how I made them, I glued the DS Enchanté paper to the chipboard pieces (it's in the Winter Mini catalog). I recently discovered that you don't have to mod podge everything when you want to adhere it, glue works fine. I used a craft glue, but Elmer's would also work. Just make sure to use a paint brush to smooth the glue out so that you don't get bubbles or wrinkles in your paper. To get the shapes the right size, I used my SU! hobby blade to cut around the shape BEFORE adhering it to the chipboard. Then, after gluing the paper on, I sanded the edge with a SU! sanding block. Next, I took my handy 1/16-inch circle punch from SU! and punched a hole in the middle of the front piece of chipboard and put a brad with Primas through it. On the dog tag piece, I also put in eyelets in the pre-made holes that come in the pieces. I used my trusty 1/8-inch circle punch from SU! to punch the holes in the DS paper before placing the eyelet in and then using my SU! tool kit to set the eyelets. Lastly, I used glue that I got in the craft section of Wal-Mart called Bond 527 Multi-Purpose Cement to place a big glob on the bottom piece of chipboard with the paper clip resting in it, and then I placed the top piece of chipboard on top of that. The great thing about this Bond glue is that it holds magnets on dominos and all sorts of other things that need a strong bond, and it's pretty inexpensive. So, I hope you understand how I made these. They're fairly simple to make, and oh so cute! If you have any questions, ask! Here is the pic:


On another note, I thought I would mention that the super cute stamp set that I recieved as a gift from Shelli Gardner over the holidays (Polka Dots & Paisley) is going to be GIVEN FREE to anyone that signs up to be a SU! demonstrator during the months of January and February!!! That means, in addition to the merchandise valued at over $355 that you get to customize and purchase for only $199 (your starter kit - it includes 6 stamp sets, 6 ink pads, card stock, SU! pastels, business supplies and much, much more!!!), you get to choose ANY stamp set you want out of the current catalogs!!! That means you get 2 free stamp sets from SU! for signing up now. The one that you choose from the catalog can be any of them because the price cap is $39.95 and we don't have any stamp sets more expensive than that! So, don't miss out on the opportunity to earn free stamps or a Simply Scrappin' kit with purchase that you can find in the Sell-A-Bration mini catalog viewable from my SU! website (see link on right-hand side of your screen) OR the opportunity to get so many stamp sets when you sign up as a SU! demonstrator. I myself took advantage of this once yearly promotion and signed up as a demonstrator last year during this time. Let me know if you have any questions and contact me or see my SU! website for further information.

2 comments:

  1. Just to let you know that your link to the bookmark on SCS doesn't work.Yours look FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dale Anne,thanks for letting me know. It should be fixed now!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)