***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

January 11, 2007

Rainbow Craft Technique

So, I had no ideas for stamping just like I told you. I was on SCS this morning checking out what was new, and came across the newest technique that has a tutorial. It's called Rainbow Craft, and you can access the SCS tutorial here (if you're not a SCS member, you can sign up for free). It's a very easy tutorial to follow, and I think that the results are really neat! I'm not so fond of how with the Night of Navy ink that I used to brayer over the top shows the line between the two craft ink colors. Here is my first attempt at the Rainbow Craft technique.

How I made the card: I sponged Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue craft inks onto a piece of Whisper White CS. I let that dry. Next, I brayered Night of Navy over the top (several coats). I then stamped my flower from the Petal Prints stamp set on the dried CS using bleach. I poured a small amount of bleach onto a paper towel that was sitting in a disposable plate (instant ink pad!). I allowed that to dry, and then I adhered it to the Certainly Celery CS. I MADE my Certainly Celery brads. SU! sells Soft Subtle brads with a "Certainly Celery" color, but I don't find that it matches very well at all. So, I took four of those un-matching brads and coated them in Certainly Celery craft ink. Next, I dipped them into Crystal Clear embossing powder and then heated that with my heat tool. The ep fizzed as it melted the first two coats, but I did three coats of the Crystal Clear e.p. and by the end, it didn't fizz. They aren't a perfect match either, but much better! I stamped the Night of Navy CS with my Print Pattern background stamp in Night of Navy, along with stamping the French Script background stamp in Bashful Blue craft ink. I think the rest is pretty self-explanatory. I hope you enjoy it!!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know... I kinda like the look of the two colors... makes it look like the line of the horizon, giving you a "sky" & "ground" look... but that's just my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)