***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

January 30, 2007

No Layers CASE

I saw a card that Jen del Muro posted on her blog and absolutely LOVED it. I told her so, and told her that I would shamelessly case it too. Well, I tried, but mine's definitely not as good. I put my image right in the middle and shouldn't have. Plus, I didn't have a spectrum ink pad in the colors I wanted, so I had to brayer one color at a time in my masked area and it doesn't blend as smoothly between the colors as when using a spectrum pad. I sure wish SU! sold more pre-inked color varities like The Angel Company, but I just bought two blank ones today to make a pad in the colors I used here, and in the Riviera colors that Jen used. See her card on her blog i{heart}2stamp. It's gorgeous. See mine here:

Basically, I used a brayer and YoYo Yellow, Only Orange, Pink Passion, and Real Red to get my "spectrum" of ink colors. I used the Sell-A-Bration set Happy Harmony and my black StazOn ink to stamp the image slightly off, along with one of the sentiments from that stamp set. I really like that set!!! I hope you enjoy the card!

1 comment:

  1. I thought you did a super job casing Jen's card...nice and colorful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)