***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

January 20, 2007

Name Frames

You would never guess how long it took for the pictures below to upload. Blogger is stinking lately....ANYWAY....

I make these name frames as gifts for friends when they have babies. I also sell them to people that want to give them as a gift or perhaps keep them for themselves (for $20). I've done words before too, not just names. Click here to see my "Faith" frame. They're super fun to make, but with no distractions, they usually take me a good 2-3 hours to make (and I have lots of little 2 and 3 year-old distractions!). I tend to go a little embellishment happy, but as you will see with Nicholas' frame, I tried to minimize that since "he's" a boy. The pictures don't really do them justice because you can't see the background stamping behind each of the letters very well. I really like both of these. Nicholas' was a challenge because of how long his name is. I typically make my letter pieces the size that they are in Karis' frame, but had to size everything down to fit 8 letters. I always use the Headline Alphabet stamp set - I love it! I also use various background stamps, and in this case I used the Spring Flowers Designer Series paper for Karis' frame, and the Spring Showers Designer Series paper for Nicholas' frame. I hope you enjoy them, and I hope that the recipients like them! Karis' is one I sold to one of the Flying Squadron Commander's wives because she likes to give them to all of the new moms in her squadron. The one for Nicholas is one I gave my friend an IOU (and a package of thank you cards I made her with envelopes) at her baby shower MONTHS ago. I am a stinky friend sometimes!!! Here they are:



Some of you may have noticed the "labels" I've started using at the bottom of each post. This is to give you a quick way to find certain types of projects (and it gives grandparents a super quick way to just look at pictures of grandbabies!). I hope you find them useful!

*********Here's the final note about the blank coasters I'm purchasing and allowing you to buy. They are great for many 3-D projects, see this link for more info.**********

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)