***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

January 17, 2007

A Real Texas Snowman!

First off - I PROMISE that tonight I will post something that I MAKE today. With all of the fun in the snow, I'm almost done straightening my craft area/Sarah's room, but still need some more time to get at it after her nap today.

I have a friend named Kim that made this cute card for a swap a year ago that was of a "Texas Snowman." He was basically melting on the card. I thought it was super cute and have made some of my own since then. You can see them here and here in these previous posts. Well, it was so neat to wake up this morning to more than just a dusting and ice. While the snow was still icy, at least it was about an inch or more deep, so we could make a snowman! We were lucky that we even had winter jackets, but only Daddy had gloves. Now we think we might get some just so when there is a freak snow/ice storm we have them! Taking pictures with hoods on is not the optimal setting for pictures of faces seeing snow and making snowmen for the first time, but you can imagine the looks of wonder and joy that they had! Here are some pics from the events of the day so far:

Sarah taking an icicle from Daddy:


Emma posing next to the snowman in progress:


Emma playing with the snow:


At last, our snowman:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)