***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

June 19, 2008

SC181 and a Poll....

I would like you to take a look at my two cards for today (I made four total and will show you the other two tomorrow after I edit them the way most of you prefer). I edited the first one and removed a color cast that was on the card from the lighting in my house. I had crappy lighting today, not any good natural light, and so there is a slight yellow-ish cast to the photo (and some REALLY wonky shadows - but it makes you realize how I did the ribbon on that 2nd card!! ;) ). I touched it up in every other way except removing the color cast. In the 2nd picture, I did all the same edits but additionally I removed the color cast from the light. Which one is more appealing? I can't quite answer that question myself. The color cast makes the card have a little more "warmth" but it doesn't show the true brightness of SU!'s Whisper White CS. Anyway, I would LOVE to know what you think - that's why I have a blog, duh! So, vote in my poll so that I can post the remaining two cards tomorrow night.

Picture #1
Picture #2

For SC181 we were to use the sketch layout you see to the left. I love this sketch of Kristina's. She is super talented and her style is one that I would love to call my own. I needed some quick cards and this sketch is perfect for that. Quick and simple, but stunning. I used some scraps of that Fancy Pants Fairytale paper I had left from my order over at Go. Be Creative. It's only 40 cents a sheet!! I LOVE this paper!!! I added a little paper piercing to each card and changed up the ribbon. The ric-rac is also from GBC. You can get it here. The paper piercing is different on all four cards I made, but you will see that the other 2 cards are really only different in that and the stamp set used. Anyway, I would love to hear what you think in my poll and as a comment here. Take care!

Stamps: Bitty Birthday
Paper: Fancy Pants "Fairytale" from GBC, Kraft and Whisper White CS
Ink: Basic Black Classic ink
Accessories: Black grosgrain (SU!) and black ric-rac (GBC), paper piercing tool and guide

6 comments:

  1. super cute and super simple! great job on the sketch. I love that card of Kristina's, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the 2nd altho there is some shadow on it, like a bow or scissors! Either way it's a very nice card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! :) I like the "whiteness" of the second card, although I agree...the shadow of the bow kinda threw me off at first. I see the little black ribbon bow, but had to look really hard, so that shadow stood out a lot. But as far as the lighting is concerned I think I like the 2nd better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I forgot to add...YOU LUCKY GIRL!!! I COULD ONLY WISH TO HAVE PHOTOSHOP! :D (there, that's my little green envy coming out). Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute. i love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the elegance of this card! the paper piercing is flawless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)