***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

June 3, 2008

CC169 And The First Ink On My Verve Visual Stamps

So, yesterday afternoon I got a fun package in the mail. It could have only been more fun if i didn't know it was coming! ;) I ordered four stamp sets from Verve Visual because I could resist no longer. It would have been five, but they were out of stock of the Petals & Stems set because I guess I was the last person that thought to order it.



Anyway, I wanted to paper piece the little birds in the stamp set Anniversary Birds as soon as I saw it and once I ordered it and it came, of course that's what I did. I think this is a sweet and simple card. You should definitely check out VV's stamps, they're AWESOME!!! Also, until June 23rd select stamps (like the one I used for this sentiment - Great Expectations is the name) are on SALE!!!! I'm going to be ordering some more.... :)

Lastly, I mentioned in the title of the post that this card was for today's Color Challenge on Splitcoast: CC169. The colors were Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and Real Red. Check it out!!!


Stamps: Anniversary Birds and Great Expectations by Verve Visual

Paper: Blue Bayou Prints Designer Series Paper, Soft Sky Prints Designer Series Paper, Summer Picnic Designer Series Paper (2008 Occasions Mini Catalog), Blue Bayou and Real Red CS

Ink: Black StazOn

Accessories: Pearl Dew Drops, Stardust Stickles, Dimensionals, paper piercer and guide (gotta get a new one - this one's holes are CROOKED!!! don't look too closely ;) )

3 comments:

  1. I love this set and it is coming to me this month, I can't resist it any longer. I love what you did with it and the sparkles are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! My new favorite technique is paper piecing!! This looks so awesome...and I love your colors too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. So glad you're enjoying your Verve stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)