***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

June 13, 2008

Last of the Chickies...


...for now, anyway! I am so excited. I ordered some goodies from Go. Be Creative. (GBC) and I'm assuming they'll be here today since they hit Oklahoma City yesterday at some point. I can't wait to play with my new stuff!!! But, the card above is my last Chickie card for now. As you might notice, I added in more capital letters because I really didn't like just the "E" that I had to use from the little "e" stamp walking away. We STILL haven't found it, by the way. Anyway, I also wanted to change the sentiment a little bit to go with the scene I created. I did one of those "I should have quit while I was ahead" type of things. I was done with the card and then though, "oh, I should round my corners!" Well, bad mistake because when I had matted the Old Olive Prints paper I hadn't done it with the intent of rounding the corners so the card looks a bit wonky on the left-hand bottom side. Oh well, I should have stopped the second I asked myself if I should add more!!! Also, I had to draw the question mark myself - there wasn't one in the stamp set. I would love to hear what you think. I haven't heard from many people lately and you're starting to make me feel un-validated! I girl's gotta get her comments for the day!!! ;)

We've finally got some hope on the selling-our-house front. It has been on the market since January and we've signed a contract with a buyer and the house inspection is tomorrow and assuming all goes well and it appraises for at least as much as was offered, we're good to go! We're not buying another house as long as we're in the military unless we're retiring in it!!! Lesson learned the hard way!!!

Anyway, I hope you all have a great weekend!!

Stamps: Chick (D-02), Pot (C-55), Tall Grass (B-73), Low Grass (C-32), bird track (didn't have a number on it) - all "Stamps by Judith", Rough Edges Mini Alphabets
Paper: Chocolate Chip and Old Olive CS, Old Olive Prints DSP, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Basic Black, Really Rust, Old Olive, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, and Bordering Blue Classic Inks
Accessories: Aqua Painter, Chocolate Chip Poly-Twill ribbon and Stylized Silver HPH Flower ribbon slide (both in 2008 Occasions Mini Catalog), corner rounder punch (with guide removed to make scallops)

3 comments:

  1. I just love these little Chickies!!! You did a great job of mixing the lower and upper case letters. I too have just started doing the little "scenes" with some stamps and really enjoy it.My favorite part of stamping is the coloring. I guess it brings back memories of coloring in coloring book as a kid.Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darn cute! Those chicks are just adorable. Love them stacked up like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those "Chickies" are just too cute! Glad to hear the good news on your house! There seems to be alot of them for sale here. And, building new ones every day! Keep up the good work! TFS!Cherie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)