***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

June 6, 2008

Boot Loot Winner

Right now I am "borrowing" Internet from a hotel because we have had no power in our house since last night at about 8 pm. There was either a small tornado or very strong winds that left just about every single house (I'm not kidding) within at least a mile around us with a tree that was blown over, or cards that were smooshed, or roofs blown off. I will post pics when I get a chance later. Anyway, it's supposed to be at least 100 degrees today, so we're driving around trying to stay cool in the car. We were lucky and our cars are find and so is our apartment. If anybody out there has weather channel or has seen what happened here on the news, we would love to know. Without power we can't really find much out and we've got to leave this hotel parking lot as soon as I'm done with this post ;) Without further ado, I will finally get to the boot loot winner.


So, I thought I was so clever in posting that picture as my Boot Loot question, but right off the bat, actually in the 2nd comment by Donna, the answer was guessed!!! I did burn myself with my heat gun. I wish I could say I dropped it on myself, but it was a little more stupid than that. I had been using it to emboss the image for that swap card I posted a few days ago. I laid down the gun and was repositioning my fingers on the image so I could finish embossing it and not burn myself. Well, I picked up the heat gun and it wasn't in a comfortable grip, so I put it against my leg to give it some support as I slid my hand to where I wanted. If I would have just put down the CS in my other hand, this wouldn't have happened, but I was on a roll and didn't think to stop and put it down, I just didn't think that after about a minute of no use it would still be that hot. Well, as you can see, it was!

Eight of you had a heat gun burn as your initial answer, and random org picked.....


Sorry for the dorky pic of random org, but just in case you needed proof, there it is.

Anyway, the third person to say that this was their guess was...

stampwithclara said...
Well a few others have guessed it but my first thought was getting burned by the tip of the heat gun. I can't wait to hear what it is!

So, Clara (I'm assuming that's your name :) ) if you will e-mail me at mariemc01@gmail.com with your snail mail address, I will get this out to you either the same day, or next mailing day from when you reply. It just depends on if the Post Office is still open when I get your message!

Thanks for all of the fun guesses. I liked Kristine's story and thought I would share it with you, have a great day!

Kristine said...
You silly ladies...it HAS to be from a large eyelet!! You were working at your table or desk when you dropped an eyelet on the floor and since it was the last one of that color and you absolutely NEEDED it right at that moment, you got down on all 4's until your knees hurt, so you sat on your bum with both knees bent to the side and was searching and searching all over for the little piece of hardware to finish your card and when you finally stood up, there it was, stuck to your leg!! :D YA, that must be the answer!! LOL...at least that's what would've happened to ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)