***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

December 2, 2008

MTSC19 CASE

DSCN5491


So, who out there HASN'T been to Mercy Kerin's blog? I LOVE it, and I've been wanting to play in one of her sketch challenges for a while now.  Well, I finally got around to it, and couldn't help myself from CASE'ingone of her cards that she made for her own sketch.  I changed the colors, the LO a tiny bit (but kept it in line with the sketch) and some of the sizes of the layers, but basically you will be able to obviously see where I got my inspiration ;)  I loved her use of brads on the card, but scaled them down a bit - I left off the piercing, and changed some other minor details, but used the same Eastern Blooms stamp set image (I LOVE this set!!) and this is what I came up with.  Check out her card HERE, and be sure to browse around her lovely blog - she even has a new sketch challenge up for today!!!

Stamps:  Eastern Blooms, Thank You Kindly
Paper:  Bravo Burgundy, Pink Pirouette and Very Vanilla CS, Parisian Summer Designer Series Paper
Ink:  Bravo Burgundy, So Saffron and Pink Pirouette classic ink
Accessories:  Bravo Burgundy 5/8" wide grosgrain ribbon, silver brads

3 comments:

  1. Not only had a not gone to her site, but when I did, I added it to my fave's. This is an awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. marie...you've done an amazing job with the CASE! i love your use of dsp, colors, and brads. and that ribbon is yummy, girl!
    thanks for the ego boost, and for the shout-out!
    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo what a great card!
    I'm gonna have to go check her out ;)
    Do you have time to play another tag game?? If so, check out my blog for deets... :)
    P.S. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving w/ your husband being home!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)