***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

 DSCN5671



This is a picture of our tree that we bought when my husband finally got home from his latest "trip" for his job as a pilot in the US Air Force.  We also waited until our middle daughter got home from visiting with my parents to do any decorating, so that we could all do it together as a family.

This little tree is very much a Charlie Brown tree.  We picked it from the two dozen or so that were left on Monday.  It was only FIVE dollars!!!  It makes us all happy, smells good, and I like to think that we helped this little tree fulfill it's only purpose - the one for which it was grown and cut down.  I didn't want it to be mulched without having spent its time in our house for Christmas. I know it is silly, but I always feel sad for the leftover trees.

I hope that each of you has a very wonderful end of your year and a merry Christmas!!  If you celebrate something else like Kwanzaaor Hanukkah - whatever you celebrate, I hope it's an enjoyable time for you!!!  Not sure when the next post will be - we're enjoying time with the DH at home and of course doing the things that most folks do on Christmas day (this was a pre-scheduled post).  Take care!!

ETA - FeedBlitz users - you may want to click on the title of my blog and go to it to see the posts you've missed.  I subscribe via the various feed services to my blog to monitor them, and FeedBlitz has been acting up again.  It's missed several post updates.  Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Marie and family. I hope you enjoy your day and time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas chickie! I love yoiur tree and am sad for the un-chosen trees too!
    I got your posts in my reader so I think it's working now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there...I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. :) I love your tree...the photo is just perfect. Have a blessed New Year Marie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tree, and I feel the same way! LOL - it is a shame for a tree to be cut and never have beautiful lights and decorations grace its branches. I hope you are enjoying your time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hope you had a wonderful Christmas Marie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Charlie's tree!!! Love the paper chain!!! Looks like your tree got a lotta love!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)