***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

December 16, 2008

I Promised....

DSCN5587


Here is one of the Christmas cards I have made recently.  Since I've got so many to make, I'm not making any that are very complex.  Plus, unfortunately about 90-95% of the people I send them to will trash them because they're not obsessed with stamping like me ;)

I've done cards like this a couple of times - always with ovals as the reverse-masked area.  This time I decided to go with a rectangle.  I like the straight lines, maybe even more than my shaded ovals from before.  If you check out my "Lovely as a Tree" category in the category cloud in my left-hand sidebar you will see all the ones I've done before because I've always used this stamp set.

Hope you (and the people who get this card) like it!  I'm making anywhere from 6-8 of each card I'm creating because I find that I get too bored with mass-producing.  Hopefully I'll be able to knock out the other 80 or so that I have to make - all while the husband is off in another country on a mission and I have to pack to go on a short trip this weekend with my 2 kids to pick up my middle daughter so that we can all be a family again.  Of course, my middle DD was with my parents so it was all fun for her, but boy did we miss her!!

Have a great night!

Stamps:  All Holidays, Lovely as a Tree
Paper:  Confetti Cream CS
Ink: Always Artichoke
Accessories:  Sponges, rectangle mask cut into CS, 2-way Glue Pen (SU!), Dazzling Diamonds glitter

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, great job on keeping it simple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very pretty....i almost ordered that set today (gasp...yes i know shame on me) hope you are well....i'll be glad when all this Christmas is over, and the puppy is housebroken (yes we got the kids a puppy for Christmas) ask me why later....cause right not i'm not sure. some sort of self torture i'm sure. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a WOW! card. I love the straight lines and it is so clean. I especially love the little tree tops sticking up from inside the rectangle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)