***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

September 21, 2007

Vera CASE in Wild Wasabi, Barely Banana and Soft Sky

For those of you that frequent SCS, you probably know Vera. She has some fabulous creations, and she's always leaving such nice comments for everyone. Well, I saw this little note card she did for a challenge a while back, and LOVED it! It stayed in my head for a while and then when I came up with this color combo, I thought I'd give it a try. I offer this color combo as a challenge to you. If you do take a few minutes to create something with it, PLEASE leave a comment with a link to your work so that I can take a look. I really like these colors and want to find a good balance for them on a card and would love to see what you come up with!!! HERE is the link to Vera's card on SCS, check it out and let her know how cute it is!

The dimensions of this card are 4" x 4". Here is the detailed shot of this card. I decided that the Banana ink didn't stand out a whole lot on its own, so I put some Stickles on top of it to give it a little bling. I changed her card up in these ways: colors, sentiment at the bottom is a shape rather than words, different stamp set, no textured paper (unfortunately), smaller ribbon (wish I had some larger ribbon that coordinated) and I added an extra layer to the "band" in the middle. I'd love to hear what you think!!

Stamps: In the Spotlight
Ink: Barely Banana, Wild Wasabi
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky and Barely Banana card stock
Accessories: Crop-A- Dile, Soft Sky Double-Stitched ribbon, Scallop Circle punch, Stickles

4 comments:

  1. Wow Marie! You're doing much better than I am with stamping. LOL! You've done quite a bit of stamping the past couple of days...with Peter being gone and all. Looks good and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, you are on a roll!!! Another beauty and no surprise here, I love the color combo. I wasn't able link from your "HERE" connection so I'll try again later. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, the color combo is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very kind, Marie! I love your color combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)