***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

September 21, 2007

LSC134


I decided to use the Limited Supply Challenge (see today's earlier post for the link - I've got to make this as quick as possible!) to inspire the development of this card for a friend's baby shower tomorrow. I got some really cool "detail" shots of different parts of the card too, so you'll get to see those below. First, however, I wanted to let you know that yes, my DH (Peter) is out of town, and yes (as Juanita mentioned) I'm getting to do lots of stamping lately. That's because without Peter here, I don't have much to do after the girls go to bed. Sweet little Daniel gets to play in his bouncer right next to me while I stamp away - or sleep if he feels like it - and it's fun for both of us!!! I don't know how long I'll be able to keep up stamping this much, but hopefully it won't come to an end!

This first detail shot is of the frayed ribbon. If you'll look closely at the shadow next to the Old Olive textured card stock, you'll realize that it's presence means that the Old Olive and everything on top of it is mounted on dimensionals. That shadow wouldn't be as pronounced if the layer was glued directly to the Regal Rose card stock base layer. Know what I mean? :) To get your ribbon to fray, you simply cut off the very edge of both sides of the ribbon (the part that's not "ribbed" - it should be pretty obvious when you look closely at a piece of ribbon what I mean) and then pull it apart. It's fun and creates a neat texture for your projects.

This next shot displays the shadow I added around the edges of my stamped images (you'll definitely want to click on this one to enlarge it). I got a gray marker from my friend Anne who is a demo for TAC, and I don't still have my catalog (loaned it out and never got it back) so I don't know what the marker is called in the book, but on it it says "TOMBO ABT N95" and I "bolded" the "AB" on purpose. Anyway, I LOVE this marker because it's just dark enough to not totally ruin your image by adding it, but gives it some depth/dimension in a matter of seconds. It has two ends, a brush tip and a more fine tip (not quite as fine as SU! markers though).

This last detail shot proves that this really is Shimmery White card stock, and that was really the point of it. I think the image looks really cool when you can see all of the shimmer through it. You may want to click on it to enlarge it and see the pretty shimmer better. I really like this shot!!! :)





Cards are so much neater now that I am looking at different elements on them more closely! The perfectionist in me has a little bit of a hard time seeing the tiny flaws that it brings to light, but that's what the "big picture" at the top is about - not seeing those tiny flaws. These detail shots allow me/us to see some different aspects of the card in angles and a closeness that isn't possible when you shoot the whole card at once. I hope you're enjoying these close-ups!!

Stamps: Event Full Ink: Black StazOn, Old Olive and Regal Rose classic ink Paper: Shimmery White and Regal Rose CS, Petals & Paisleys DS paper
Accessories: Regal Rose 5/8" grosgrain, gray Tombo marker, Olive (not SU!) and Rose SU! 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, blender pen



Take care!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic card!!! I have to order the shimmery card stock now, right NOW, it's a basic NECESSITY. That is how I justify the expense, lol. Thanks for solidifying my indecision about it, and TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)