***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

September 22, 2007

Carved & Candlelit


Whenever I hold off of purchasing a stamp set for a significant amount of time (a year, for instance) then it retires. I have been wanting this stamp set since at least last year before Halloween, but didn't get it, I got Booglie Eyes instead last year. Well, I finally got it, so I fully expect it to be leaving the SU! inventory at the next retirement!! :P

I started making this card for LSC142, but decided to go another route with it after putting on that first layer of patterned paper. I thought that the layer of patterned paper with circles would work awesome as a band if I could get a strip to exactly cover one or two rows of the circles - and I did. I also wanted to punch out one of the pumpkins in Carved & Candlelit and mount "him" with a black scalloped circle punch-out. I thought it looked cute, but then decided to pierce the scallops and outline them with my white Signo gel pen. After that, I felt like it was a tad too small on top of my band, so I added 2 layers to it, coordinating them with the colors on the patterned paper with the circles. Of course, I had to do something to one of those two layers, so I drew in some faux stitching with my white Signo gel pen. As I sat and looked at Mr. Pumpkin, I felt like he needed some sparkle, so out came my Stickles again!!

Here is a close-up of all of these little details. I just love how Mr. Pumpkin looks with glitter on him - almost like he really does have a candle in there! I'm just loving my Stickles lately!!! The whole entire pumpkin "layers" are mounted on some dimensionals, but are glued directly to each other in each of the four layers. I sure hope you like it!!!




Stamps: Carved & Candlelit, Happy Everything, Flexible Phrases Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Black StazOn Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Creepy Crawly DS paper Accessories: 1 3/8" Circle punch, Scallop Circle punch, CM circle cutting system, White Signo gel pen, Stickles, Black brads, piercing tool

5 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I went to make Halloween cards tonight and have no sentiments from SU! Gotta order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so cute! I love them. Now I'm going to have to get that Creepy Crawly paper. I have been putting it off and now I think I'm going to order some :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card, love all the layers.Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love a card that used my most fav embellishment, Stickles! Thia is so cute. All the layers just make that lil' pumpkin face pop right off the card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card, all the little extra's that you included put it over the top!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)