***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

September 25, 2009

{Here for You} Digi Card

Crushed Navy-001


Here is yet another card I made using My Digital Studio that will be available for customers to purchase on October 1st.  I think I will actually be MAKING this card "for real".  I love it.  I will just have to do paper piercing in the place of that scallop stamp image because I don't have that stamp set.  I really like the color combo of Not Quite Navy and Crushed Curry.   The stamp sets used were Friends 24-7 and All Scallops.  The great thing is that I was able to shrink both the bird image and the scallop image to fit my card how I wanted.  The Whisper White scallops that run horizontally on the Crushed Curry layer are actually individual circles that I "punched" and sized how I wanted them.  Then I lined them all up and sent them behind the Not Quite Navy Dotted Stripe DSP.  The Crushed Curry scallops are actually made using the Scallop Edge "punch" and if I remember, I didn't shrink them and they are true to size.  The Whisper White scallops behind the bird image are actually the Scallop Circle punch stretched out a little to make it larger.  I think that on my real card I should be able to use my corner rounder punch with the guard taken off after cutting a circle out of CS using my Circle Scissors Plus cutting tool.  I've done that before when I've wanted a scallop a particular size.  I'll do it that way if the scallops on any of my Bigz dies that I could just use with my Big shot aren't a good size. 

What do you think?

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)