***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

September 24, 2009

Digi Card!!!

MDS Card 1-001


Well, I've been playing around with the lovely new My Digital Studio (MDS) software.  I thought it might be beneficial to start planning some Christmas cards.  If the past repeats itself, I might start them in the beginning of December...but usually I start them around the end of the first week so that I can get them mailed about 10 days before Christmas.  So, I'm not much fun there I guess as far as getting a card early from me :)  Well, with MDS, not only can you make actual greeting cards, but you can use it as an extremely helpful planning too. 

As has been said by others before me, you can save yourself the consumables and sit and design a card on your computer and get it just right before you decide to make it.  Well, the card above is the first fruits of my labor, and I will definitely be planning more cards with this program.   I actually used one of the designer templates and then made the changes that you can see by looking at the original card as it is in MDS, below.

Enjoy!

MDS LO-001

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I think I prefer cards not made on the computer, but I LOVE the idea of planning the card on the computer first and then making it... that would make things SO much easier sometimes!
    I really like that Christmas card, ~ What stamp make the snowflake background? ~ I may have to borrow this idea some year.. but maybe not this year ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)