***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 14, 2009

Upgrading Upsy Daisy

dscn6749



dscn6750You might remember this card from THIS post.  Well, I feel like I'm "cheating" because including this post and the one I just mentioned, this card has been on my blog 3 times!!  That post with the link above actually has a link to the card when I originally made it ;)  Well, what I did was take one of my leftover card fronts and added some Stickles to the flowers and put it on a Whisper White card base.  I think the white base really lightens the card up.  The glitter in the Stickles also does that, and I like this version the best!  Of course, I love anything (and everything) that sparkles!!!  What do you think?  I've added a little pic of the close-up that you should be able to click on to enlarge.   Have a great day!

All items used are SU! unless otherwise noted.

Stamps:  Upsy Daisy, Inspired by Nature and Best Yet (retired Level I hostess set)
Paper: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White CS, Really Rust Textured CS, Baja Breeze Patterns DSP
Ink:  Baja Breeze, Really Rust, and Chocolate Chip Classic Ink
Accessories:  1-3/8" and 1-1/4" circle punches, Crop-a-Dile, Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelets, Baja Breeze Striped Grosgrain, Crystal Stickles

15 comments:

  1. I like that, "Upgrading"! It looks great, I love the glitter! I need to use this set more, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, so pretty, the stickles are a great touch and the white base does look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely card.

    M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty hun!!!! Love the colors on this!!!

    Have a wonderful day!!!

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous design!! Love the colors and the wonderfully layered images!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty card and lovely color choices..TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How funny! Way to save some time! I like the idea of re-using a card front. Great job! It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very pretty! I love how you had done the multiple colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is beautiful, love the stickles effect!

    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. The stickles and white base make all the difference ... this is one I'll definitely case.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this set, but haven't done much with it...Maybe I'll use it on the next challenge I do...I love the sparkles. I often use irridescent ice embossing powder! Fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the sparkle on the flowers, you colors look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful and I like the colors you used! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)