***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 26, 2009

A Change of Color

dscn6747

dscn6748

I still have more Stamps in the Mail items to share with you, but I thought I would share these TWO cards with you today!!!  In TypePad I could tell you to click on a small picture to see it larger, but I just noticed today that in WordPress, if that's possible to do, I don't know how to enable that feature.  Clicking does nothing on smaller sized pictures in WordPress.  Anyone know how to make this possible so that people can see full-sized shots of smaller pictures?????

I wanted to give you more posts in a week so I was really tempted to make these cards two different posts, but I decided not to since they're so similar.  I was inspired by and CASED THIS card by Stamp'nScrap over at SCS.  I pretty much only changed the colors/papers, sentiment, and added some paper piercing (can't go without it!!!) to the one strip of CS in the middle. 

I really love the Upsy Daisy stamp set.  It's so versatile and I sure hope that SU! keeps it around for a long time.  It is one of my favorites and I really like the silhouette style of stamp.

Hope you like them!!!

All items used are SU! unless otherwise noted

Stamps:  Upsy Daisy
Paper:Whisper White DS (both), Urban Garden DSP, Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy CS (blue card); Raspberry Tart DSP, Cameo Coral and Rose Red CS (pink card)
Ink:  Not Quite Navy and Baja Breeze classic ink (blue card); Rose Red and Cameo Coral classic ink (pink card)
Accessories:  Scallop Edge punch,  Breeze ribbon from Valet Ribbon Originals Assortment (blue card),  Whisper White Organza ribbon (pink card), paper piercing tool and template

8 comments:

  1. Both cards are beautiful Marie! I adore that stamp set as well and will be very sad the day they retire it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are wonderful; I love the colors you chose. I hope these cards are in our next SIM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie--these are just beautiful!! I feel a case coming on!!!!!!!! I always need birthday cards and I really like these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards!! Very neat to see the two versions together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. two great cards! love that by changing the color you can create such a different look. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! You are so good about showing different ways to use one stamp set! I must be adhd, because I use it once and am ready for the next one! Although, I did bring an old one back with my next scrap class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMMM yummmy cards Marie!!!

    When you switched from TP to WP were you able to bring all your TP posts with you??? If you were can you tell me how? I am thinking of making the switch but I can't find a way to bring all my TP stuff with me and don't want to lose it this far into the game...KWIM??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)