***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 5, 2009

Sketch For You to Try

dscn67301



sim-r3-card1So, for those of you not familiar with Jen del Muro's blog i{heart}2stamp, you can check it out HERE.  I saw her sketch (Sketch For You To Try as she calls them, and in this case, SFYTT12) a few weeks ago in THIS post (it's inserted to the right), and just knew that I had to save it to use sometime soon. 

Well, I finally got around to using it for my Stamps in the Mail gals, and I know that they'll love her sketch as much as I did.  You should try it out and give Jen some love when you visit her blog!!  This was a really fun sketch to use, and of course I love the Friends 24-7 stamp set andbeing that it's the only stamp set that my SIM participants have gotten so far, it was the obvious choice for making this card.  As always, I picked a package of Designer Series Paper to work with on each of the 4 projects in the SIM kit, and I used Bella Bleu DSP this month so you'll notice the color scheme is Not Quite Navy, Kraft and Very Vanilla.

Next month is the last round of SIM for this group of ladies, and I am going to throw in a 2nd stamp set - Trendy Trees, to make some fun projects with, so you won' t have to bear with a 4th month of Friends 24-7  :)  LOL  We'll be using the Good Morning Sunshine DSP so be ready for some fun, bright cards.

Anyway, I hope you like the card I made!!!

All supplies used are SU! unless otherwise noted.

Stamps:  Friends 24-7, Thank You Kindly
Paper:  Kraft and Very Vanilla CS, Bella Bleu DSP
Ink:  Not Quite Navy classic ink
Accessories:  Blender Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Marie - that is SO pretty! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - wonderful card! I love the colors- but I especially love the way you colored just the blossoms of the flower. GREAT job!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how soft and elegant this card is. Beautiful Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thanks for your comment. What a lovely card you made, Marie. I really love the coor combination, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the colors and clean look of this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)