***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

November 1, 2006

Computers and Technology - Love/Hate relationship

That is SO weird! I just (at 8:03 a.m. central time) posted what I had tried to post for a few hours last night. I even put in the title that it was "yesterday." Well, if you look below the post, it says yesterday's date!! Strange.

I am pretty darn good with computers. At the Air Force Academy we had to use them for all sorts of things like for class, and also for military stuff. I am very proficient in most all Windows applications. I even "get" coding a little bit. I hate it when my computer won't do what I want though, and I can't figure it out. That's when I want to chuck it out the window. Computers can do so much for us, but they make me feel a similar feeling to what I guess "road-ragers" (is that a word?) feel. I can't wait for a computer that doesn't freeze up. I can't wait for a computer that after about 6 months, doesn't work as quickly. We defrag ours all the time, clear out our temp files, and all sorts of other things, but inevitably, it will start being slow (even with a broadband connection) and then I start to hate it. Maybe the computer manufacturers do that on purpose so we'll buy a new one? I don't know, but enough venting. Enjoy "yesterday's" post!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)