***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

November 6, 2006

It's Over!

Finally, the craft fair is behind me. I did well. I figured that here in Del Rio, if I could MAKE money, I would be happy with the result. Well, I did. I learned a lot though in the process. Here, I can't sell anything for over $10 so if it's worth that, then it's not worth my time making it because it won't sell. I guess people here aren't into hand-made items that are NICE. They bought all of my cutesy stuff that was inexpensive, but the nice things I had for sale like lunchbox tins (card organizers), "name" frames that they could custom order, and even candles didn't sell at all. I didn't sell ANY bundles of cards. I had my cards priced $2.50 each which is on the cheap side for a hand-made card, or 6 for $10 and I only sold them as onsie-twosies. Oh well, now I don't have to make ANY of the 50 or so Christmas cards I was going to have to make. Post-it note holders with beaded pens, and domino ornaments and refrigerator magnets, along with refrigerator calendars sold the best. But they were only as much as $6.00 and the magnets were only $1.00. I think I'll do this again next year, but now I know what to expect. I'm glad that I didn't go in with high expectations. I did think cards would sell better, but one lady commented to me that they just e-mail people now. How silly!!!!

Well, on to another subject. I wanted to show those of you who haven't played with primas just what the bottles of "Got Primas" look like. They are AWESOME, and I love them! They are my favorite new embellishment. There are hundreds in each bottle, and at Scrap-A-Latte you get them for just FIVE DOLLARS a bottle!! Usually they retail for $6.95 and so and UP! So, here's the pictures and the link to Scrap-A-Latte : http://www.scrap-a-latte.net/store/home.php The flowers in the bottle on the left are from the "vintage" color assortment and they are the small size. The ones in the middle are also small and are the coral assortment. The right flowers are from the green assortment and are medium sized. I should have shown you the large sized ones too, but didn't think of it when I took the picture. The flowers are able to be layered small, medium, large for great effects. If you go to Scrap-A-Latte to buy them (they have flat-rate shipping of only $5.25) please put my e-mail address in the comments section of your order (mcclellans@stx.rr.com) so that I get a $5 store credit. If you refer people tell them to do the same for you! Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)