***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

November 11, 2006

Faux Postage

Thanks for bearing with me. I've been taking a break from stamping after the stamping frenzy I went through in preparation for that craft fair that I recently participated in. Today I'm going to spotlight a technique that I tried for the very first time called faux postage. It's really fun and easy to do. I made these cards for the craft fair, so some of you that visited my table might have seen them already. Here's the link to the tutorial that I followed to make my cards so that you can make them on your own. It's easy to follow and has pictures and step-by-step instructions. It is from splitcoaststampers.com: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/fauxpostage.php

This technique is really fun, and I look forward to playing around with it some more. My cards were made with the intent in mind to make it non-traditional Christmas colors. I used Almost Amethyst and Lovely Lilac which I really like the monotone look of. To jazz it up a little, if you can see the words, I stamped Merry & Bright and put dazzling diamonds glitter all over it. I used my large oval punch to make the little window for the words. I can't wait for next week though, because I finally ordered the small oval punch and once it comes I will be able to do all sorts of fun things with it and by combining the use of it with the large oval punch. Anyway, here's my card, and thanks so much for looking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)