***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

November 7, 2006

Tags, tags, and more tags!

Those of you who are loyal SU! stampers probably know that SU! is going to have a new tag punch in the upcoming (Dec 1st) Winter Mini Catalog. It is smaller than the current punch, so it makes layering so easy that even my daughter Emma could do it! Well, here is a technique that I learned of long ago, but found a nice summary of it in Amy Ryasvy's blog (Prairie Paper & Ink) on how to make the tags longer than the punched shape you would get otherwise. You can take this method and apply it to the new smaller tag (once we all know how wide it is!) and you can have tags of any size! Thanks Amy, and like she says, I hop this helps someone! Enjoy!

From Amy's blog:

"Extending" Your Tag Punch
Did you know you can make longer tags w/ your tag punch?? I remember being told I could do this back when the punch was first released but I didn't get *how* till I actually saw it.
So for some of you this is old news but hopefully this will be the "Aha!!!" moment for *someone*!! LOL
Basically all you do is cut a strip of CS several inches long and (for this particular punch) 1 3/8" wide (the width will vary if you're using different punches).
Then all you do is pull the CS through the punch like so:
So then all you're really punching is the top portion - that way you get tags in any length you desire!!
Cool eh??

So there on the right you can see a tag just punched w/ the Tag Punch (far right) and one that I pulled through and made longer.
So there's a *super* simple way to get more use out of your Tag Punch! I HTH someone!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)