***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

November 14, 2006

Make It, Bake It, Grow It

The ladies in my husband's squadron (where he works) are having our annual Make It, Bake It, Grow It auction to raise money for the squadron. Last year I had just decided to soon become a demonstrator and donated 10 cards that sold for $25. Not to bad, but not that great either. This year I've made a gift basket that contains 8 Holiday cards/envelopes, a beaded pen, a post-it note holder, a refrigerator calendar, a domino ornament, and a mini composition book. The colors were inspired by the tin that they will come in (behind all of the objects in the picture). It has a color close to Pink Passion, one that's pretty much Certainly Celery, and another that is super close to Garden Green. So, using this color theme (ignoring the odd-colored blue snowflakes) I created these projects. I didn't want the composition book, pen, calendar, or post-it note holder to be themed to Christmas so that someone would feel weird using them in July, for instance. The cards and ornament though, I was able to tie the penguins in with the colors used by using the little penguin from the Wild About You stamp set. I love that little guy! Anyway, I hope you like it, and I hope it earns lots of money for the squadron!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is SOOOO nice. Love how you developed your ideas from the pail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an AWESOME set!!Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)