***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

October 27, 2006

It's not even Thanksgiving Yet!

Well, Thanksgiving is still weeks away, but here I am working away at Christmas cards and other items. Some of them are for my upcoming craft show. Others are for swaps or just to have as examples at workshops. Since I skipped yesterday, I'll post 2 pictures of what I've been working on. I claim about zero originality on the ornament that you'll see here. I got the idea for it from Debbie Olson's blog Thinking Inking . I changed up the colors a bit, tied the ribbon differently, and used some little glitter stars inside instead of microbeads. I also embossed the image in ultra fine gold e.p. I thought that her use of the City of David stamp set for the stamped image was perfect. I absolutely love this set! This ornament I am going to have to make 24 of - for a Christmas Gift Swap that I'm part of with other SU! demonstrators in my up/sideline. I hope you like it!


The card you see below is one that I made after getting the idea from SCS (SplitCoastStampers). To get to SCS, click on the link you see above on the right-hand side of the screen. The card layout was part of a weekly challenge they "issue." It was SC91 for those of you who frequent SCS. I finally used my Holiday Thyme designer series paper from SU!'s Holiday Mini catalog. I have such a hard time cutting into patterned paper! :) I really adore this new snowflake stamp set called The Snowflake Spot. It's such fun to use. Anyway, I hope that you are further inspired by this card to make your own Christmas cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)