***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

October 30, 2006

5 Days and Counting....

I have 5 days left until my Vendor Fair (aka Santa's Workshop) that I'm treating like a Craft Fair. This weekend I went from having about 20-something cards to 80. I figure with having the kids at home and no husband, that's a pretty good outcome. I also made 6 of those little ornaments you may have seen posted here a few days ago. Now I just have 24 more of them to make for that Demonstrator Christmas gift swap!!! Ahhh!!!! I am going to keep cranking out the cards, 6 at a time, as long as I can. Other things I plan/hope to sell are some "name" frames. I will have 3 (hopefully) made, and then people order them and tell me what name/word they want in them. I hope to have 3 saying the following: "Nicholas", "Teacher" and "Faith" as examples. The Nicholas one I will actually be making for a friend. I promised her one at the birth of their 3rd child, and first boy. He's such a cutie!! It's long overdue and this fair will make me have to crank it out for display and then I can give it to her. Other items will be checkbook covers (I may or may not leave a spot to monogram them for the customer at the fair upon purchase), beaded pens, post-it note holders, altered tins (the ones for holding greeting cards, and the band-aid sized ones), altered photo frames, domino ornaments and the little shaker ornaments, refrigerator calendars, and bags of gift tags. Sound like enough? It sure better be considering I'm not even half-way there!!!! Anyway, below are a couple of cards I made this weekend.

This first card was inspired by a friend and fellow demonstrator named Kim who was in a Christmas swap that I was in last year and she made a card similar to this one:



This next card is my favorite that I made this weekend. It opens on the right side, so it's not a typical layout for me. I usually do the skinny kind opening at the bottom like the TX snowman one above. On the side that opens, the corners are rounded - I like that look. I got the inspiration for the colors from a shirt I have that I like. I hope you enjoy it!



I should mention that like everyone else, we're getting ready for Halloween. Emma wanted to be Cinderella this whole past month - that's what she told anyone who asked. Well, Sarah's a bit on the small side, and I don't like the costumes that they sell for little kids, and I'm NOT crafty with sewing, so we weren't sure what to do for her. Finally, at good old Wal-Mart, I stumbled across a fairy costume that's pretty small. I'm sure the shoulder straps will be big, but I can pin those. It has wings, and that's a BAD thing. Emma took one look at that costume and had a fit! She wanted wings TOO!!! Insert visual of screaming child here, saying "I don't want to be Cinderella, I want wings!!!" Anyway, we didn't make a special trip for her, but when we were at Wal-Mart again (it's all we have here, don't I wish there were other choices!!) we showed her some of the costumes, and she settled on being Belle (from Beauty and the Beast). We told her about 10 times that Belle doesn't have wings, and asked her if she wanted to be Belle, or a fairy like Sarah, and she said she wanted to be Belle. We don't even have that movie! I don't really know why she wants to be Belle, except for those of you that know her absolute favorite color (since she could say any colors at all) is yellow, and - you guessed it! Belle's dress is yellow. So, we will have one little fairy and one little princess tomorrow night for Halloween. I'll be sure to post pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)