***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

October 24, 2006

Having problems with even inking?

I myself have problems sometimes, especially with "bold" images, where the ink doesn't evenly cover the image I want to stamp. Well, I've heard lots of different ideas on how to fix this and came across the following information from a blog I came across:

Do your prints have blotchy spots? Fix it!!
A lot of people have problems when trying to stamp larger images, they end up with blotchy spots where the ink didn’t fully transfer. This can be VERY annoying, especially when you don’t know how to fix it.
Well, you’ll be very happy to hear that there is an easy fix for your problem. All you have to do is gently rub the rubber stamping surface with an ordinary eraser! Yes that’s it.
An ordinary pink eraser (or any type really) is all you need to soften and clean the stamping surface. This will allow the stamp to fully disperse the ink and eliminate those annoying blotchy spots.
You might find that your stamps are particularly old and the rubber has hardened considerably. In this case an eraser might not be enough to soften the rubber. When this happens you might want to try some fine grit sand paper, I suggest 120 grit or finer… a gentle rub is all you need to get those stamps like new again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)