***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

October 14, 2008

IC149 - Literally

DSCN5043


Well, I didn't just use the challenge loosely for inspiration (IC149 means Inspiration Challenge 149 - over at SplitcoastStampers).  I pretty much recreated a painting on a card.  I'm guessing if you go HERE you'll be able to tell which painting I used for my inspiration ;)  You can see the challenge on SCS HERE.  I made this card on Saturday but forgot to show it to you, so here are the details now.


Here's how it went....I saw that there was some texture to the background so I used my Canvas BG stamp with Close to Cocoa ink and stamped it off a couple of times before putting it on my Very Vanilla card.  I wheeled my Rough Texture Jumbo Wheel in some Basic Black and wheeled it on the card.  I added my sentiment from Short & Sweet, some black brads using my piercing template as a guide, watercolored my heart on some watercolor paper with my handy dandy Aqua Painter (they're on sale right now while supplies last at Stampin' Up! - check it out HERE and purchase one HERE) and my Ruby Red and Tangerine Tango re-inkers, cut out my heart, and put it on the card with some dimensionals, and PRESTO! 


In lieu of a recipe, you just got that lovely narrative :) 


What do you think of the card????

6 comments:

  1. this is beautiful! I love all the background work you did, it really does look like the picture. so much textured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful!!!! This is one of my faves from that IC! I just love everything about it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. If you would want to mail it, there's a great 42-cent stamp right now that would go well with it: http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=21902&productId=38351&langId=-1
    :-D
    Kelly in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this... and I just saw the post about your baby - I hope he's feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh ya, I can see it!! :) You really were literal--I pointed it out immediately. WELL, it sure makes for a CUTE card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)