***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

August 28, 2008

Taking things for granted....

I found this post by Tracy (Dashes and Dots) and really felt shameful.  I don't think that I have been very grateful of late, and I have SO MUCH to be thankful for.  I cannot imagine what this little boy is going through, or his family.  Perhaps some of you have gone through similar experiences with friends or family.  I am fortunate enough to say that the only person I have ever lost that I was very close to was my grandmother.  I have lost other family members, but none of them were as close as her.  I don't say that intending to sound mean, but I think we all can admit that the more immediate the family, usually the more devastating.  I have three beautiful, healthy children, and I am SO BLESSED to have them.  I am grateful for my faith in God, and I know that should anything like this ever happen to me, that faith will be tested and I can only hope to stay strong and make it through as well as some people that I know who have had to endure these kinds of trials in their lives.  So, enough about how lucky I feel right now to have such minor things in life bothering me, and on to why I'm posting.  Here is what Tracy said on her blog,


"Hi everyone! I am hoping you all can help me. A friend of mine has a four year old son who was just diagnosed with stage four cancer. I keep trying to link his caring bridge site but it won't let me. If you go to the caring bridge site and put in patrickcarr without spaces you can see his site. He has a tumor in his adrenal gland that has spread into his bones. He starts chemotherapy tomorrow. He really could use a card if anyone has time. His name is Patrick and he loves ice hockey. He was supposed to start kindergarten next week, but now he won't be. He'll be getting chemo treatments instead. I know he would love to get some happy mail. I would really appreciate it, and I know he and his parents would too. Since he will be going back and forth from the hospital and home, cards probably should be sent to their home. If you are able to send him a card, please send me an e-mail and I will forward his address to you. If you can't send a card, please just pray, pray, pray for him! Thanks!
Please do go to the site I liked to above."


Here is Tracy's e-mail:  fwyant@netacc.net


I am about to e-mail her myself so if you would prefer to ask me for the address, e-mail me and I will give it to you.


Here is the Caring Bridge website.  If you type in his name patrickcarr like Tracy said, you can read his story and get the Hospital's address/info.  This little boy could use some cards, and I know that almost everyone who comes to my blog likes to make cards, or at least CAN.  So, why not get to his address via the site that is mentioned and send one his way?  Thank you so much.  As Tracy said, if you can't send a card, please at least send your thoughts and prayers to this little boy and his family. 


Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this Marie. It means the world to me that you did. Patrick will love each and every card he receives! Thanks for providing the link too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)