***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

August 23, 2008

Altered CD Holder

Dscn4390


So, I made this little CD holder for a friend.  I hope she likes it.  I got the CD holders at ULINE and you can check it out here if you want them (and they're on sale!!).  They are a bulk item though, so you may want to find a friend that wants split the order with you.  For anyone at Convention this year, these are THE SAME type of holders that Mary Polcin used on that Baja Breeze colored mini album. I've made several of those in the past and they're a really fun club project.  I usually use 3-4 CD holders to make my mini albums.  Anyway, hope you enjoy! 


Dscn4393


Dscn4391


Dscn4394


Dscn4396


Dscn4397


These are several different shots of the inside and close-ups of the two cover elements.  I used lots of Stickles!!  Usually I would have some ribbon tied as the closure, but I couldn't find the box with my ribbon in it from moving here, so Velcro had to suffice.  Ribbon that runs out from in-between the layer of CS on the outside and the actual CD folder looks so nice.  Sometime I will post one of my mini albums to show you what I mean.  Take care!


Stamps:  Dreams du Jour
Paper:  Bella Rose DSP, Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette and Whisper White CS
Ink:  Riding Hood Red Classic Ink, Pink Pirouette and Kiwi Kiss re-inkers
Accessories:  Scallop Circle Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Riding Hood Red Designer Button (from Button Bouquet), Stickles, Blender Pen, Velcro, CD literature holder (ULINE -  link above)


PS - I'm scheduling a few posts so that I don't have to worry about blogging while the hubby is getting through this kidney stone ordeal. I will still reply to all of your comments and want you to know in advance that I appreciate them!!!

2 comments:

  1. Marie,
    This is really cool ... is there a tutorial for this anywhere?
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, This is drop dead gorgeous! Please show us one of your mini albums soon! Tks!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)