***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

July 18, 2008

Some News and a "oops" card


Dscn1082


Dscn1084 So, this card didn't quite turn out how I had envisioned it.  I find that in the stamping world a lot of people mean a good thing when they say an "oops" this, or that.  Well, in my case I don't feel like it was....it's something to do with the background behind the fence. 


I spent A LONG time cutting that fence and the rest of the image out as meticulously as I could, and then I stuck it on what I envisioned in my head to be something that would resemble ground and sky (with some abstractness to the sky and ground, of course) and it just didn't look the way I wanted.  I think the image is still gorgeous, but the background could stand to be taken away :)  I hate it when you have a great idea in your head and you just can't get it on your card.  I also hate it when I use glue that makes it impossible to take your image back off and scrap what you don't like ;)  Oh well. 


The DRS Designs stamps that I used were "Flower Fence w/ Birdhouses" and the "Flower Power Easy Background".  The flower fence with birdhouses stamp is one of my favorite images from DRS designs.  It's just so sweet and could be used for so many different occasions!!!  The paper I used was Bashful Blue Prints DSP from the Hostess Level I paper pad (Spring-Summer IB&C), Whisper White and Mellow Moss CS.  I hope you like it!


Daniel_baby_8_2


Daniel_baby_11_edited1_2


Now for my news.  TODAY IS DANIEL's FIRST BIRTHDAY (there's more news, but first this!)!!!  I can't believe that the time has gone by so quickly.  So many of you sent cards and gifts when he was born and I just can't believe that that was a year ago today!!!!  You've seen a couple of pictures of him then, and below are a couple of him now.  He is such a wonderful baby boy and I am going to be so sad when he's not a baby anymore. He has been just what this mommy needed - a baby who loves his mommy.  He is cuddly and sweet and a little stinker that gives me a run for my money.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  I love him so much!!!


Daniel_face_4


Dscn0963


My other news is that we are moving TOMORROW so I hope to manage to schedule a few posts (hopefully at a rate of about every other day).  For those of you who leave comments, you won't be getting the regular reply from me, so sorry about that!  We'll be moving from Oklahoma to Delaware.  We won't have Internet until the 30th at our house - I might die - you'll have to check in and see if I come back "live" after the 30th or not ;)  The bad thing is that I will leave for the SU! Convention on the 29th (good for me, but bad for my husband!!) and my poor hubby will have to get the Internet set up while watching the kids- I'm the one that always sets up everything at the house - utilities, Internet, satellite, all that fun stuff.  He has never watched all three kids for more than a couple of hours without me.  So, actually, amend that "check in after the 30th" to "check in after the 4th of August when I get back from Convention and ask if my husband is still alive, much less all three kids, and if our house is still standing" - it will be a miracle!! I'll have some big reveals of Go. Be Creative. work that I will be submitting as a DT member then too, so stay tuned.


Here goes one of my plugs for subscribing...if you use my little Feedblitz subscribing tool in the sidebar, you won't have to "check back in" as Feedblitz will do it for you and will e-mail you my posts as they are posted.  So, take care, and wish me luck moving across the country with 3 kids, a cat, 2 cars, a trailer (on our minivan) and then a trip to Convention, all within a week and a half!!!  I think I'm crazy ;)


Take care, and THANK YOU for checking in on me!!!!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Marie: Daniel is just adorable! I can so remember that last month of your pregnancy! There is always a 'special' bond between mothers and sons. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your card looks great, and I can only imagine how long it must have taken for you to cut out that fence!!! And what an adorable little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your move! After just making a military move myself, from Arkansas to Maryland, I know you will need it.
    And the card looks fabulous! I can't even imagine what it took to cut out that image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little one is adorable! Good luck with the move. Hope to meet up with you at convention for the gsg2 swap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 1st Birthday, Daniel!! What a cutie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing Daniel with us! The pictures have melted my heart. My head is all cocked to the side in admiration! :) He's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie good luck with it all! I noticed youdidn't mention moving with your dogs??? Where are they? Have a great time at convention!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww, he is adorable! just wanted to say hi to my fellow drs designs dt member!! and good luck w/ the move!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daniel is a real cutie! How lucky you are.
    As for the move...you go girl! It will be good training for your hubby to do the settling in chores. It is usually the other way around (in my experience). Our daughter & family (dual military) have packers coming tomorrow for their move from west coast to east coast--we just take one or more of the kids here to help clear the path for them.
    See you at convention!! You will be the one with the peaceful serene expression on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Daniel!!
    WOW Marie, that card is way too cool!!! I can't believe all the cutting on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)