***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

July 16, 2008

Box in a Bag and a Card

Dscn3747


Dscn3750 So, I found this really easy tutorial for the "box in a bag" that appears to come from the original creator of said boxes in bags ;)  Her name is Diana and you can check out her tutorial here.  They're super easy to make - they just use lots of sticky tape so make sure you've got it!!!  I even added a strip of sticky tape to the bottom of my box on top of some of the GORGEOUS new Baja Breeze with some Dazzling Diamonds on top of that - so lots of sticky tape!! :)  Baja Breeze is a color EXTREMELY close to the accent color in my living room.  I love it added with a pop of a shade of orange - perhaps Really Rust in the case of SU!, and some brown (Chocolate Chip) and some beige (Kraft).  That makes for a GORGEOUS color combo.  I will have to try it out on a card soon!!!  Anyway, this little box in a bag was a "breeze" to make and I think it turned out cute.  It's simple style is totally my own - so for some of you it may be too simple.  :)  Anyway, I added some DD glitter to the wings of the butterflies which were stamped in Baja Breeze using Happiness Always - an upcoming Level III hostess set.  I used some jumbo Antique Brass eyelets on the tabs, added some White organdy ribbon (don't have any wide grosgrain that matched the paper as the directions called for) and called it done!!  I did use my new Scallop Edge punch for the scallops on the Kiwi Kiss layer.  I'm just loving Kiwi Kiss!!!!  The patterned paper is out of the Bella Rose DSP collection which will be in the new catty.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy!!!  No recipe for the box either since I think I mentioned everything above!! 


Dscn0802_2 As for this lovely little bee card.  The bee and the "Just because..." that I Stamp-a-Ma-Jigged into "Just bee-cause..." are from DRS Designs.  You can click on "happy bee" or "just because" to see/purchase them.  I love making pocket cards and haven't done so in a LONG time.  I also wanted to do some sewing with my recently purchased Janome Sew Mini (love this thing!!!).  So, this is what I came up with.  The patterned paper wraps around the back and the stitching also (obviously) shows all the way around the back.  It was a little tricky to sew and not sew over the black textured CS flap that I didn't want to have sewing on it, but I think I hid it well from the back and you would never guess that the flap isn't a separate piece of CS glued on.  It IS a flap, so I to stop sewing and re-start and hide that I did.  Anyway, as soon as I saw the "Just because" sentiment I knew that I wanted to alter it to fit the little be.  Isn't he cute?!?!  Some added stickles and some outlining with my fun Tombow gray marker along with coloring the bee in with my SU! markers and he was finished!  I just added some stitching to represent his flight path, he he, and some black ric-rac from Go. Be Creative. and this little card was done!  Sorry, I'm being lazy - no recipe.  The patterned paper came from a black and white stack I bought at JoAnn's a LONG time ago.  The scalloped piece is pierced with a piercing tool and then the holes are outlined with a white gel pen.


Take care, happy stampin', and I always appreciate your comments!!!

6 comments:

  1. I just loved making this box in a bag!!!!! I love it, thank you for sharing your finding! I also adore that black and white card with the little bee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bag! I love the scallops at the bottom! I love your bee card! I am addicted to bees lately! great job sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These boxes really look neat - thanks for the link... That Just Bee-cause looks like a real stamp!! Stamp-a-ma-jigging at it's finest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now that bag in a box is REALLY cool! I love the little glittered butterflies..so sweet! :) Have a great evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your box in a bag! The glittery butterflies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that bag... gotta try one now!! lol thanks for sharing.. love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)