***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

October 31, 2007

Kaitlyn's Blessing Invitation


First, I apologize that the image isn't that great. I was in a bit of a rush when I took the picture and the sun was behind the spot where I took it so I noticed there is some glare after I had alreayd sent Christina on her way with the cards. Also, I didn't take the time to crop the image to get rid of the part of the couch that's showing. :)

A friend of mine recently had her first baby, a little girl they named Kaitlyn. She wanted to invite a few people to her baby's blessing that aren't members of our church, so she thought a pretty little invitation would be nice and asked me to help. Well, I designed one with color inputs from her and she decided she wanted to leave the sentiment off (I almost always put a sentiment on the bottom right corner of cards that I use this layout on) to maintain simplicity on the front. As I mentioned yesterday, it's not a complicated card, but it's great for stamp-a-stacks, or gift sets, or anytime you need/want to mass-produce cards. It can be jazzed up with some bling or different ribbon placement, or a tab added to the edge of the image using the round tab punch that SU! carries. Lots of options from the simple to the more complex. Inside are the details of the invitation for those invited. I love this layout.

I'm super excited and thought I would share with people who would care. :) I'm FINALLY getting a piercing tool to replace the one that "disappeared" from my SU! Crafter's Tool Kit. SU! wouldn't sell me one singly to replace mine and I didn't think that a piercing tool was worth the $39.95 it would cost to buy the Tool Kit again, so I found out that my friend Anne who is a TAC demo has them to buy all by themselves. I placed my order today and I'm also getting some Acetate from her that you can EMBOSS on (not like the flimsy un-embossable stuff I thought was a great deal at OfficeMax!) and I'm going to buy some Liquid Appliqué and try my hand at using that on some Christmas cards (when I get the chance - probably 2 Christmases from now! ;) he he). I guess SU! used to sell it, but they haven't as long as I've been a demo. Anyway, I can't wait to get my stuff - I'm getting a stamp set from TAC too. It's the one that has cute preggo mommy images and can be used for expecting moms or new babies. SU! got rid of theirs and I didn't like it much anyway. The image in the SU! set was hard for me to work with because it was so wide because she was holding a book, plus it's one of those images that cuts the woman off at the waist or about there, so it's not a full-body image. I like the TAC ones better. Click here if you want to check out the TAC website and you can e-mail Anne at: tac_anneharrison@yahoo.com if you want to place an order. This month if you hostess with TAC you get double the hostess rewards, and if you are just placing a customer order you get double the "gift with purchase" rewards. It's a great deal, they have some really great stamps and other products, and today's the last day for this special (sorry to tell you about it so late)!!!

Happy Halloween!!!!

Stamps: I'm Here, Sanded BG (LOVE IT!!!!!)
Paper: Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Sponges, Pink Taffeta ribbon

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)