***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

October 10, 2007

7 Things About Me....and a CARD!!!!


First, this is a card I made for an upcoming workshop. It is TOTALLY CASED from this card by Sherri. I loved it and so I changed the colors up and tah-dah!!


Stamps: Season of Joy
Paper: Prints DS paper in Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White
Ink: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Basic Black
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punches, Silver brad, Purely Pomegranate Double-Stitched ribbon



Lastly, I was tagged by Jill over at InkGenious (love her blog!!!) and it was so funny, I was reading her answers and getting a kick out of them (plus she posted cool pics with each answer) and then there I saw "Marie" at the bottom and thought, hmmm....I bet that's not me. I clicked on it, and was surprised to see my own blog come up :) So, here are 7 Things About Me that maybe you didn't know (and probably never wanted to!). I've also done this tag before but think it's always fun to learn more about other people so hopefully you'll enjoy my answers. Forgive my descriptiveness. I tend to write exactly how I speak.


1. I HATE dancing, except maybe for "slow dancing" because I really don't feel blessed in the coordination department. So, you'll find it funny to know that when I was about 12 or so I took African dance lessons. Talk about out of my element!!! African dance is something only someone with incredible rhythm and who is totally comfortable in their own skin should be doing - not me!!! (My mom put me in it)


2. I think that I've always wanted to be a lawyer but just won't admit it to myself. I LOVE teaching and that's probably what I'll end up doing when my kids are in school, but I was always interested in law. We'll see what I do when all my kids are in school, I guess.


3. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. This may seem very paradoxical to those of you that know me or are even just getting to know me, but it felt very comfortable to me when I first started attending the church at the Air Force Academy and I feel it has absolutely made me a better person. It is not something that I intend to thrust down anyone's throat, I chose this faith for ME. It has truly enriched my life beyond measure and if you would like to know more about what I believe, just click here. I find that no matter what faith you are, as long as you have a love for other people and other creatures and you live by the "golden rule" then that is really what makes a "good" person. I'm also always interested in learning what other people believe and what makes them who they are. As outspoken as I am, my faith is not something that I usually just blurt out to people. I would rather have them get to know me and like me for me before they make judgments based on my religion. Having NOT been Mormon before, I know what some people believe about Mormons and hope that some day people will be interested enough to find out the TRUTH about what Mormons or even those of other different faiths believe before just believing what they hear. You would not even begin to fathom all of the falsehoods I've heard about my faith since I converted. Anyway....enough on that :)


4. I used to make fun of a very good friend of mine at the Air Force Academy for scrapbooking. While I am not an avid scrapbooker, I have done it now because of Stampin' Up! and I find it very funny that wouldn't have given stamping a 2nd though in college but now it is what I do to unwind and relax.


5. I thought that when Daniel first came home and I had THREE kids under the age of five in my house, I was going to go crazy. I felt like I was a horrible mother and must be nuts for having always wanted four. Now, I realize that I had already forgotten what it was like to have a newborn. It was the same way when Sarah (my 2nd) was born, but I guess there's a reason we forget how it is - so we'll want to have another kid someday :) Unfortunately I was only with Emma for 2 months before my maternity leave (3 weeks) and additional 5 weeks of leave from the Air Force was up and I had to go back to work - so I didn't really experience a whole lot of newborn time with her. Where I'm going with this is that I learned that you have to remember to take life a day at a time. Now it's so much more normal again around my house. Daniel still has a little bit of reflux from time to time, and isn't the happiest of babies, but I can manage all three and it's really OKAY!!! Yippe for me I guess!! I am in love with my children :)


6. I think I'm a little OCD in collecting writing utensils. I really like them, and because I frequently buy new ones I don't remember (remember being the operative word, maybe it has happened) ever having used one single pen all the way up until it is out of ink. They usually dry up on me first. Is that crazy?!?!?


7. I really like to surprise other people and one time managed to sneak to my parents house for a visit they didn't know was coming. We put Emma on the doorstep in her infant carrier (she was under a year old when we did it), rang the doorbell, and ran around the corner. My dad opened the door and we heard, "Oh, look at that baby!!!" and started dying of laughter. He REALLY thought someone had left a baby on his doorstep. When he realized it was us after seeing us come around the corner laughing so hard, he snatched her up and took her inside to play with her. We had to remind him to say hello to us - it had been a 10 hour drive!!!!


As for who I'm going to tag...I'm going to totally cop-out on this one. If you want to play, consider yourself tagged. I have a screaming baby that needs me and I've spent about a minute too long on this instead of going to get him from his daddy. Take care!


PS - Check out this previous post to see the pictures I just uploaded to it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing along. It was fun to learn a little more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and layout of this card! The flourish across the front looks great too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)