***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

First, I would like to take a moment to wish everyone a happy 4th of July.  I hope you're all able to enjoy this celebratory day with friends and family, and that it's a happy day for you.  It was brought to my attention in a letter-to-the-editor that someone I know wrote to our local paper, that approximately less than one percent of all human beings born on this earth over the last 7 thousand years have enjoyed or do enjoy the freedoms that us Americans are privileged to have.  What a thought!!!!!!

I hope that you will remember the sacrifices of those who have come before us, and those who now serve this great country.  My own husband has been deployed for the last several months and won't return home until September, and we are so thankful for him for what he does each and every day to help preserve the freedoms we enjoy in this great country.  As a veteran, I also know of the sacrifices ofour men and women serving in the military, missing the moments that bring us all joy, those precious moments/occasions in the lives of those they love, as they are gone across the seas in service to the rest of us.  Take a moment to thank a veteran today, if you can!

Now, on to a simple card.  I CASE'd THIScard by Renee, who is on the Summer DT over at Card Patterns.  Her card is lovely - check out her blog and let her know!  I ended up creating a sketch based off of this card and it is part of my Stamps-in-the-Mail projects for last month.

DSCN7537



 

mysuppliesusedpicture

 

 

 

 

Stamps:  Upsy Daisy
Paper:  Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy and Whisper White CS, Urban Garden DSP
Ink:  Kiwi Kiss and Basic Gray classic ink
Accessories:  Boho Blossoms and Trio Flower punch, Silver brads, Whisper White Taffeta ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Tombow Mono Multi Adhesive

9 comments:

  1. Happy Independence Day, Marie! My deepest thanks to you and your husband for your service to our country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great simple layout on this Marie! Have a great holiday and thanks to you and your family for keeping our country safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that entrance today! People do need to thank our veterans, you are so right. I too remember those days. Miss them yes, trade them for the time with my family now....well........j/k, no. We who served and those who still serve make a sacrifice bigger than life I believe. blah blah hee hee. Have a wonderful day. Oh, very cute cared. I've been casing alot lately, but I'm stamping hee hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie,

    As the closest Veteran and service family member is you may I express my thanks for all the sacrifices you have made and continue to make. With my neice in the Army now as well I find myself thinking and praying more and more for those who serve on the front lines of freedom. May each one as they come home find Freedom from all the harmful things they have endured for our sakes.

    Thanks for the reminder and for the creative gifts you share here on your wonderful blog.
    - Jean
    "Remembering all who serve and the price they pay as we head into this 4th of July weekend"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 4th to you too! HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Marie! Thanks for casing my card :) and yes, I certainly do appreciate all that any military service people do to preserve much that we hold dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heart the new blog oh so much!!!! And your card is gorgeous! You are the queen of silhouette stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card! Upsy Daisy has been so versatile! Great with these colours, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)