***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

December 18, 2006

What I did ALL DAY today....

I have several projects that I needed to finish today, so my poor little girls saw more t.v. today than they've seen all month!!! I finished up two baby journal/books for a friend that had asked me to make them for her. They are pictured first. I covered the front of one of SU!'s On Board Journals. I also covered the two chipboard flowers on the front. Inside on the cover is a sheet that has all kinds of baby "firsts" to fill in. The very first page has the baby's birth info. Then, depending on the number of tabs needed - I insert a piece of patterned paper at the beginning of each tab which also coordinates with each month for the baby's first year, or in the case of Madelyn's journal, since she's already two, her tabs say "2 years", "2 1/2 years", "3 years", "3 1/2 years" and so on, up to age 4 1/2 years. I printed out the tabs on the patterned paper on my computer and then used my Sizzix to die cut the little tabs. I love that die!!!!! Here they are- 2 views of each so that you can see the tabs a little. I sure hope that Nicole enjoys them and that her girls do too when they're older!!!








The next picture is of some ornaments I made to give to friends. I finally got around to using the tutorial I posted on here a little while ago on how to make glitter ornaments. Just FYI - it took me around 25 drops to get the color to adequately coat the inside of the ornament. 20 wouldn't cover it. They were pretty easy to make, are so pretty, and sparkle a lot more in real life.



These last two pictures are of the two cards I made (14 each of - it was a 12 + 1 swap and I wanted one for myself) for a swap I'm in on SplitCoastStampers hosted by SCS'er JoAnne (jreks). I sure hope that the other swappers like them!!! I used the upcoming Sell-A-Brations stamp set Happy Harmony. I really like the sayings that come with it. You may not be able to tell due to my picture quality, but the paper on the Ruby Red and Chocolate Chip card with the image stamped on it is actually Whisper White, not Very Vanilla. The saying in bottom right of that same card says "It's the little things that make life big." I was inspired for the colors of this card and the layout by Debbie. You can check out her card on her blog : Thinking Inking I changed it up a little bit, but I've always loved this color combo and haven't used it in a while. Something else you can't see is that the piece of Chocolate Chip CS that is pierced was stamped with the Canvas BG stamp too.



1 comment:

  1. Jennifer NellenbackDec 19, 2006, 7:38:00 PM

    Just curious about those ornaments, but did you use regular or craft ink? Also, did you let them dry first and then re-ink or did you just ink once and then put glitter and then shake them up? I love this tutorial so much. They turned out looking really good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)