***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

December 14, 2006

Shoebox Swap Card

Some of my friends who are demos in the area and I had the idea to do another shoebox swap with each other featuring the Winter Mini catalog items. Well, here's the card I made. I thought that featuring the new small tag punch and also the stamp set Tagger's Dozen would be fun. I made this card rather quickly, so it's not perfect. I got the chance to go to a friend's house when she was having a come-and-go scrap. I had several things to get done, and didn't bring my markers but I thought I could still make this card even though a few of the dots under the butterflies got inked when I tried to avoid them. I figured that the ladies in the shoebox swap, with the right tools (I would supply my markers) wouldn't have this problem and theirs would look perfect! Well, I ended up flaking out of going to the swap last night because I didn't want to spread my germs - that cold is still lingering - but almost everyone else had things come up too, and only 2 or 3 ladies of the original 7 made it to the swap. Hopefully next time hubbies will be home to watch kiddos and we'll all be well. Shoebox swaps are TONS of fun - you should try one!!! For those of you unfamiliar with them, what you do is instead of just making a bunch of cards yourself for a swap, you make one, and then bring everything needed for all the participants in the swap to make it themselves. Everything you need usually fits in a shoebox sized container, thus the name shoebox swap. Clear as mud? Well, I hope you like my card. I LOVE the new small punch that makes layering tags so easy! My husband cut out hundreds of tags for the little gift tag bags that I made for that craft fair in the beginning of December, and he sure would have liked to have had this punch then!!!! At least he helped me - even if it meant that much cutting!!!! So here's my suspended tag card. The little tag in the window spins around in a circle on the thread it's hanging on. These cards are fun to make, and not that hard either. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. This is a great card! One of my favorite! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)