***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

December 14, 2006

Emma and Sarah's Ornaments

I remember back in pre-school making an ornament out of some glue, toothpicks, paint and glitter. So, here's my attempt at re-creating that opportunity for my girls. They started with a pool of Elmer's glue on wax paper. They each did EVERYTHING themselves (I had to help Sarah squeeze the bottle hard enough, but I didn't direct its flow) and I'm so proud :) Next, they laid toothpics in the glue to resemble the rays of the sun, or as we call this ornament, like a star. We had to let it dry overnight. Then, with WASHABLE poster paint (it ended up everywhere!) they painted their stars, and chose from between the only two colors I had - green and red. Emma chose red and Sarah chose green. After painting, while the paint was still wet, they sprinkled (dumped in a pile in Sarah's case at first) glitter over the ornament. Again, we let it dry overnight, and tah-dah!!!! Here they are on the tree.


Emma's ornament:


















Sarah's ornament (more amoeba-like than star-like) :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)